Thursday, July 25, 2013

Attend Our 2013 Conference on International Opportunities in the Arts

Photo credit: Ian Koebner
 
We love hearing the great successes of our past Conference attendees! Check out what Ian Koebner, a 2011 Conference Attendee, had to say about his experience:

"The 2011 TransCultural Exchange Conference on International Opportunities in the Arts: The Interconnected World was the finest conference I have participated in for many years. My primary function was as a panelist in the workshop entitled, “Integrating Art and Social Good.” The panel was moderated by the brilliant Doris Sommer, Director of Harvard’s Cultural Agents Initiative. I discussed my not-for-profit, Sacred Slam, and our flagship program YAWP: Youth @ War & Peace - a global platform for youth from conflict and post-conflict regions around the world to create art based on their experience and understanding of the great abstractions ‘war’ and ‘peace.’
Over the weekend I met inspired artists and residency directors from around the world. I not only laid the ground-work for dynamic ...
collaborations with artists, academics, and curators to expand and engage with the YAWP collection, but also had unique access to resident directors and representatives that enabled me to refine my own search for a residency. As a direct result of participating in the TCE conference I secured two remarkable residencies – CAMAC - Centre D'Art - Marnay Art Centre, France, and the Rockefeller Foundation’s Bellagio Center in Bellagio, Italy. The inspired and focused time these residencies offered allowed me to formalize YAWP’s curriculum, and greatly increase the access and impact of our program.
I am extremely grateful to the TCE for their work and hope to stay a partner for years to come."

JOIN US THIS OCTOBER FOR OUR
#‎EngagingMinds‬ CONFERENCE
Visit
http://www.transculturalexchange.org/conference_2013/index.htm

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page